Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Awakening

Spring Awakening by right2roam
Spring Awakening a photo by right2roam on Flickr.

I don't often get to retrace my steps, but I'll go out of my way for a visit to Chain Lakes any time. This shot is probably only possible for a couple of months out of the year when the streams of Eastern Washington are swollen with snow melt. On previous visits to this area during the summer, this stream had slowed to little more than a trickle.

I've spent a lot of time out here in the summer when Scotia Canyon is green and full of life, but I've also heard about the quieter winter-locked side of this secluded paradise. Its the tail end of Winter here and migratory birds are passing through on their way north, many will stay until Fall. The ice is finally clearing from the lake and snow melt is filling the streams and rivers. On my Flickr Profile I've posted several shots from Chain Lakes, and at least a few more are sure to come in the near future as I get out on the water for some long overdue kayaking during my first real vacation in over a year.

Canon EOS 5D
Focal Length: 16mm
Aperature: f/20
Exposure: 2.5 seconds
ISO 50

No comments:

Post a Comment