Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Fringe

The Fringe by right2roam
The Fringe, a photo by right2roam on Flickr.

Here's to cup of coffee #2 on a rainy Sunday morning.

Taken on the South Shore of Point Lobos, just south of Monterey California, with barely a glimmer of light on the horizon. I had written off this experiment as a complete loss, but for some reason didn't delete. In the original file the bright sky overpowers a too-dark foreground, and this long of an exposure at such high ISO resulted in some unappealing pixelated areas. The editing process was too drastic for my usual taste, but I think the experiment was worth a try. I made extensive use of noise reduction filters and blended layers trying to smoothly balance the sky with recoverable details in the foreground. I don't often indulge in such hedonistic photo editing, but something about this frame just screamed "dodge me, burn me". What are your impressions?

Canon EOS 5D
Focal Length: 23 mm
Aperature: f/20
Exposure: 30 seconds
ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment