Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wastwater

Wastwater
Wastwater, a photo by right2roam on Flickr.

About 10 years ago I had the chance to visit England's Lake District where I took a few grainy, washed-out shots of Wastwater from nearly this very spot with an old Fujica film SLR. Nearly a decade later my wonderful girlfriend says to me "I say we do it. Let's take that trip to the Lake District"... and on a whim we were there.

No matter how advanced photographic equipment and software become, there's really no replacement for the privilege of visiting God's Country in person. A photo doesn't truly capture the bite of the wind, or the play of light on the water, or the shortness of breath as you scramble to the top of a mountain, and that feeling of being so insignificant in the vastness of creation.

Canon EOS 5D
Focal Length: 29 mm
Aperature: f/22
Exposure: 1/4 second
ISO 50

No comments:

Post a Comment