Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day's End - Sfinari Beach

Day's End - Sfinari Beach by right2roam
Day's End - Sfinari Beach, a photo by right2roam on Flickr.
First of all, Happy New Year to you all. Wishing you a peaceful, prosperous, and blessed 2013.

January 1st brings me some long overdue down time, and I thought that part of the pause should include a long overdue post to Right2Roam. For anyone who has been following this, thank you for taking notice. Comments and feedback are always welcome.

In my last post I mentioned that I would be going to South Africa for my 1st photo safari. Unfortunately I had to cancel the trip, but certainly not remove it from my bucket list. In fact, I've been on the road a lot lately, but without my good camera. Travel highlights include a short stopover at beautiful Chain Lakes. The downside of traveling so light: I'm now very low on quality new material. The plus side: I've had some time to study new post-processing techniques and practice them on old material. Purists don't worry. I still haven't tainted my work with HDR techniques. Traveling light means added challenge as lately I've been working only with my now 5-year old notebook computer, but with good results. I'm still sticking to basic masks and layers, with a little dodging and burning added in. Natural and subtle are the key words here.

Here's a shot that I took back in 2009. I was fairly pleased with the original, but in this version the foreground and sky are better balanced, and I was able to subtly bring out some details in the rocks.


Canon EOS 5D
Focal Length: 16 mm
Aperature: f/20
Exposure: 1/5 second
ISO 50

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the photo and for re-engaging the blog :-)

    ReplyDelete