Sunday, June 15, 2014

Honor your father and mother

Chain Lakes
Chain Lakes, a photo by right2roam on Flickr.

One of my favorite places to photograph is tiny Chain Lakes on Eastern Washington State's Little Spokane River. The best way to see it is in a kayak early in the morning before the wind picks up and disturbs the glass-smooth water.

I'm fortunate and blessed to have a good father. Not a perfect father, but a role model I can be proud of, who taught me invaluable life lessons, whose example and wisdom I can draw on time and time again. Some traits my father instilled in me are a constant curiosity, a love of nature, and respect for the world's wild places. He taught me the virtue of self-reliance while demonstrating how to balance internal strength of character with an outward humanism. He's a tough act to follow, but Lord willing I can pay his love forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment